Saturday, June 29, 2013
Friday, June 28, 2013
Thursday, June 27, 2013
- a homemade lunch of herb and panko crusted shrimp and cheesy green chili mashed potatoes
- a trip to the Figge Art Museum where we also sat at easels and drew (Dr. MB's work pictured below)
- a little coloring time with the lovely 18 month old Mademoiselle J
- dinner with another friend at The Crane and Pelican where I fell in love with smoked Gouda soup and saffron risotto then dessert at a frozen yogurt shop
- morning coffee/tea with Dr. MB's colleague where even more art happened (also pictured below)
- a little work on our fall conference presentation
- great conversation and hospitality throughout
Friday, June 21, 2013
You can just see the lighter grey to the left of the fireplace which will be on most of the walls. The fireplace will have white built in shelves and cabinets when all is said and done. As Austin said, that's where some of our objets d'art will go and I'm thinking some favorite books and cookbooks.
We will be going back to Kentucky soon to pick out the slate that will go on the fireplace. It also has outlets nearby for lighted pine garland around the holidays which I'm already excited about.
Also going in as I type are the cabinets. Our builder does only custom cabinets so we are getting white shaker cabinets with modern, brushed nickel pulls. Austin really wanted soft-close drawers so we got those too. Who knew there was so much involved in cabinets? I can't wait to see it all put together with the dark grey granite countertops, the painted walls, and the backsplash. With all that up, we'll be able to pick out exactly what color we want the floors stained. All these grown-up decisions but it's been great to pick everything out and customize; we're really fortunate.
Tuesday, June 18, 2013
Friday, June 14, 2013
Monday, June 10, 2013
For our first course, we both chose the soup. It was a corn and crab chowder with just the right level of heat.
* I thought for sure Austin would get the other special: spice-crusted salmon cutlets over brown rice with a shrimp, mango, and ginger and slaw along with a green chili butter sauce. I'm mainly documenting that in the event that I ever decide to get creative with salmon.