- Lunch at Mongolian Grill (huge bar with veggies and protein, concoct your own sauce, then give it to the guys at the grill, delish!).
- Duck tour of Austin- very educational and interesting. Our captain, Vic, and our duck, Howard, were delightful.
- Dinner at Texas Land & Cattle- I had really good trout which was less cattle-y but we all enjoyed our meals and Gramma C had sent some money with my parents to treat us.
- Grilled some beautiful kabobs and sausages from Whole Foods on our back terrace. The meat guy gave us a sampler of three different sausages for free! (Habanero, Cheddar Jalapeno, Basil Pine Nut).
- Visited a winery out in the Hill Country and enjoyed a tasting.
- Had lunch at the classic Thundercloud Subs.
- Austin and my dad installed an outlet above the fireplace so the flatscreen TV cords are well hidden. It turned out to be quite the job due to unforeseen stapling of wires in the walls (?) but they managed.
- Austin and Dan installed two more in-ceiling speakers in the kitchen. I now hear NPR all over the house and it's a delight!
- I made Easter brunch- quiche and crepes.
- My mom found a good chai at a local coffee shop and they made me two kinds of tea to taste-test, really nice people.
- Many other things that I'm probably forgetting.
Wednesday, April 15, 2009
Time Keeps on Slippin'
Here's a little recap of what we did with my parents, somewhat in order, somewhat not.