- Had Austin's birthday dinner of garlic shrimp with coconut milk, lime, cilantro, and jalapeno over coconut rice. It didn't turn out as well as it had last time we made it but it was still good.
- Went to Chuy's, mandatory for TexMex, and Austin and I tried Texas Martinis which are like margaritas but better and garnished with jalapeno for a kick.
- Austin and Paula went to the State History Museum.
- We checked out the funky shops on South Congress.
- We did lunch at Whole Foods. Paula got hers at the raw foods deli, I had tofu satay, and Austin had a reuben sandwich.
- Tonight we're making dinner with our groceries- halibut, green salad, bread and awesome Robusto cheese (parmesan and gouda together, amazing!). Some wine and truffles fell into the cart too.
Friday, January 30, 2009
Bullet the Blue Sky
Austin's mom is here and between hanging out, I've had class so it's been busy. Here's what's been going on.